5 Semester Credit Hours; Curriculum: 0147
This certificate prepares students to learn the processes of planning, organizing and managing resources to complete project goals, and how to manage and motivate the employees on the team. It prepares students for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification exam. This certificate can be completed in one semester.
|Courses for a Certificate|
|CIS/MGT 236||Project Management||3|
|CIS/MGT 253||Project Management Certification Preparation||2|
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts and terminology related to project management.
- Understand the project management life cycle.
- Discuss various options and tools to assist in managing a business or information technology project (e.g. cost estimates, identifying tasks).
- Use Microsoft Project software to manage business and information technology projects including developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, and managing a budget.
- Develop and demonstrate an ability to effectively manage and motivate employees.
- Develop and demonstrate an ability to communicate orally and in writing.