10 Semester Credit Hours; Curriculum: 0306
This 10-credit hour certificate gives students in-depth knowledge and preparation for the business use of Microsoft Office programs. The program emphasizes critical thinking and decision-making skills. It is designed to enhance students’ knowledge and skills for current and future employment. Completion of this certificate can lead students to obtaining positions of Administrative Assistant, Data Analyst, Database Support, Financial Analyst, and other office support positions. Moreover, courses in this certificate align with the skill set needed to prepare for the Microsoft Office Certification. This certificate can be completed in one semester.
|Courses for a Certificate
|Word Processing Using Word
|Presentation Software Using PowerPoint
|Electronic Spreadsheeting Using Excel
|Database Application Using Access
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply appropriate use of software tools within software application programs.
- Run multiple applications concurrently, transfer data between applications while managing files and folders.
- Create and execute both basic and complex functions using worksheet data.
- Create a variety of business files, which include documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Apply critical thinking skills to solve business problems.
- Create a relational database and create and maintain queries, forms and reports.
- Secure a database and display data in a database as a web page.