(Also see Graphic Design)
11 Semester Credit Hours; Curriculum: 0310
This 11-credit hour certificate is designed to prepare students for a career in the business industry where desktop publishing software (creative software) is used. The program equips students with desktop publishing skills used in a business environment. It emphasizes the creation of publication-ready documents, such as newsletters, brochures, magazines, books and other advertising and marketing materials of publication quality. Students explore and master the latest software tools, including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
Completion of this certificate can lead students to obtaining positions in various areas of the desktop publishing and graphic design. The certificate can also help students obtain employment in the area of office and administrative support in any industry. Moreover, courses in this certificate align with the skill sets needed to prepare for the Adobe Certification.
|Courses for a Certificate|
|CAB 110||Windows Fundamentals||1|
|CAB 160||Desktop Publishing Concepts and Procedures||1|
|CAB 165||Adobe InDesign||3|
|CAB 172||Adobe Photoshop||3|
|CAB 175||Adobe Illustrator||3|
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain the desktop publishing cycle.
- Identify tools and their uses within specific software applications.
- Incorporate tools, production and technology to produce publication-ready documents.
- Execute print production, electronic publishing and Website images.
- Use appropriate desktop publishing software for the Web.