Cannabis Dispensary and Patient Care Specialist Certificate
12 Semester Credit Hours; Curriculum: 0410
The cannabis dispensary and patient care specialist provides cannabis patient education and assists with dispensary operations in alignment with state and federal laws that regulate cannabis distribution to clients. The Cannabis Dispensary and Patient Care Specialist Certificate prepares students to work in a licensed cannabis dispensary. Students will acquire skills to interact with and educate cannabis clients in a regulated environment and the foundational knowledge to pursue additional careers in the cannabis industry. Students seeking employment in this field must be 21 years or older and comply with regulations regarding a criminal background check. Dispensary employees will need to meet Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulations (IDFPR) requirements to acquire an Agent Card. This certificate can be completed in one semester.
|Courses for a Certificate|
|CNB 101||Introduction to Cannabis||1|
|CNB 102||Cannabis and the Law||1|
|CNB 103||Pharmacology and Medical Cannabis Use||2|
|CNB 104||The Experience of Illness||2|
|CNB 105||Dispensary Operations||1|
|BUS 101||Introduction to Business||3|
|PED 101||First Aid||2|
Program Learning Outcomes
- Summarize principles of cannabis dispensary management.
- Explain cannabis pharmacology, uses, side effects and medical cannabis patient education.
- Apply state and federal laws to dispensary operations and medical cannabis patient education.
- Demonstrate culturally competent communication skills.
- Describe how chronic illness can shape personal identity.